Shiloh, near Ponds Creek, is a widely dispersed community on Farm Road 1098 about 1½ miles north of Prairie View and five miles northeast of Hempstead in Waller County. The community developed around the Shiloh Baptist Church, which began in September 1871 and was still in use in the 1980s. The original congregation met at neighboring Kirby Chapel until Thomas Armer, Sr., provided land for a building in 1881. In 1905 fifty-seven White and twenty-nine Black students attended separate schools in the community; by 1930 the district at Waller, about five miles to the southwest, had absorbed several smaller districts, including the one at Shiloh. In the 1980s Shiloh included the church, scattered homes, and a cemetery that dated to the 1880s. A Texas Historical Commission marker had been placed at the church.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Shiloh is part of or belongs to the following places:
Shiloh is classified as a Town
Has Post Office