Shiloh

Shiloh was twelve miles south of Denton in Denton County and was originally part of the Chinn's Chapel settlement. The settlement consisted of three small communities established in 1853 by Elisha Chinn-Bartonville, Waketon, and Shiloh-though the area had been settled in 1845. Shiloh existed just under 100 years. The site of Shiloh is now part of Flower Mound.

Continue Reading

David Minor | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Shiloh is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Shiloh is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [1]
  • [Shiloah]
  • (Chinn's Chapel)
  • (Donald)
  • (Flower Mound)

Location

Latitude: 33.04762240
Longitude: -97.13167870

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No