Simms is at the intersection of Farm roads 290 and 1412, in north central Deaf Smith County. In 1915 a one-room school was built on land owned by A. P. Simms. It remained in operation until 1934, when the Simms school was consolidated with that of Adrian in Oldham County. During the Dust Bowl and World War II, active home demonstration and 4-H clubs helped maintain the community. In 1950 a community house was erected near the old school site. By 1990 paved roads and other conveniences brought new life to Simms, and community organizations included a local women's club, a Lion's Club chapter, a Study-Craft Club, and a rural fire department. A store and two grain elevators also served the area farms. In 2000 the population was ten.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Simms is part of or belongs to the following places:
Simms is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Simms by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."