Sims

Sims was a dispersed rural community on the South Concho River in southwest central Tom Green County. The site was probably settled by 1900. The local school had one teacher in 1931 and an enrollment of sixteen in 1933. By the 1980s much of the area had been inundated by the Twin Buttes Reservoir, and the school was no longer in operation.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sims is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sims is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No