Slaughter was on the Texas and Pacific Railway ten miles southwest of Stanton and ten miles northeast of Midland in northeastern Midland County. It was established in 1882 as a section house on the railroad and was named for Christopher Columbus Slaughter, who used the Long S brand and ranched on the open range of Midland County and the surrounding area from 1879 through 1912. A post office operated at Slaughter from 1907 through 1912. A vacant saloon building in Slaughter was used as a Sunday school, and in 1907 the Greenwood Baptist Church was organized in the saloon. A public school was built at Slaughter sometime after 1911. The children of John M. King, an early Midland County rancher, attended school there. Slaughter was not shown on county highway maps from the 1930s.
Slaughter is part of or belongs to the following places:
Slaughter is classified as a Town
Has Post Office