Smyrna is on Farm Road 450 just south of its intersection with Farm Road 726, seventeen miles northeast of Longview in northwest Harrison County. The site was settled in the mid-1840s, and Dr. John Chadd, who moved to the area in 1846, helped found the Smyrna Episcopal Church and a Masonic lodge. In 1897 a Smyrna school served thirty-one White pupils, and in 1904 Smyrna had a school with twenty-six Black pupils and three schools with a total of 135 White pupils. By the 1930s and 1940s Smyrna amounted to a number of widely scattered residences and several churches. In 1978 Smyrna had a church, a cemetery, and several scattered dwellings. The community was still listed in 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Smyrna is part of or belongs to the following places:
Smyrna is classified as a Town
Has Post Office