Snap

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Panola County

Snap, a farming community off State Highway 315 six miles southwest of Carthage in southwestern Panola County, was settled after the Civil War and named for Snap Cariker, a physician and early resident. A post office operated there from 1899 to 1906, when local mail was sent to Carthage. In the mid-1930s Snap consisted of a store, a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses; the community reported seven residents in 1936. After World War II its store closed and the church was disbanded. By the early 1990s only a cemetery and a few scattered dwellings remained.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Snap is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Snap is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Page)

Location

Latitude: 32.10238560
Longitude: -94.41381170

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No