South San Antonio, five miles southwest of downtown San Antonio in southwestern Bexar County, was promoted as a townsite by Charles Fowler about 1916. A post office was established in 1919, when the population reached 700. The suburban center reported a population of 3,800 in 1930 and was annexed to San Antonio in 1944. South San Antonio was a station on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad and in the 1920s and 1930s housed many employees of nearby Duncan Field.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Southsan is part of or belongs to the following places:
Southsan is classified as a Town
- (South San Antonio)
Has Post Office