Sperry

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Grayson County

Sperry, in southern Grayson County, was named for F. C. L. Sperry, who donated land for the townsite when the St. Louis, San Francisco and Texas Railway built through the area in 1901. A post office operated there from 1903 to 1907, and in 1910 the community reported a population of fifty. By 1940 Sperry was only a switch on the rail line and sometime thereafter was abandoned.

Continue Reading

Brian Hart | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sperry is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sperry is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Mormon Grove)

Location

Latitude: 33.53066390
Longitude: -96.70860390

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No