St. Clair was founded in the early 1870s as a stop on the Texas and Pacific line near Gladewater in northwestern Gregg County. Some sources suggest that a St. Clair community was established as early as 1827, but no evidence has been found to substantiate this claim. St. Clair flourished briefly but had disappeared by 1900. Clarksville City developed at the old St. Clair site during the oil boom of the early 1930s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
St. Clair is part of or belongs to the following places:
St. Clair is classified as a Town
- (Clarksville City)
Has Post Office