Stanger Springs

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Van Zandt County

Stanger Springs, a farming community on Farm Road 279 just off State Highway 64, fourteen miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County, had a school by 1890. In 1905 the school reached an enrollment of fifty-six; by the 1950s it had been consolidated with a larger school district. The 1936 county highway map showed a church at the townsite; a 1965 map showed the church, a business, and scattered dwellings. No population statistics were available for the community.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Stanger Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Stanger Springs is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.42375370
Longitude: -95.66273990

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No