Stuebner

Stuebner was between Willow and Spring creeks thirty miles northwest of Houston in northern Harris County. The site had been an Orcoquisac village. The community was a rural trading center before Tomball and Hufsmith became railroad depot towns. A post office was established there in 1885 and operated until 1911, when mail was delivered from Hufsmith. In 1890 Stuebner had a population of 400, a cotton mill, a gin, and Adolf Herrmann Stuebner's general store. Three churches, a sawmill, a cornmill, and a gin were constructed by 1896, but the population began to decline thereafter and had largely disappeared by 1900. Indian Hill school and Stuebner oilfield were located nearby.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Stuebner is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Stuebner is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No