Sullivan

Round Flat, also known as Sullivan, twelve miles northeast of Canton in northeast Van Zandt County, had a local school by 1905 that reached a high enrollment of fifty-three and was consolidated with the Fruitvale Independent School District by the 1950s. State highway maps of 1936 showed the school, a church, and scattered dwellings at the townsite, but by 1987 only the church remained.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Sullivan is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Sullivan is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Round Flat)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No