Sutton was at the intersection of Farm Road 2549 and U.S. Highway 190, five miles south of Hearne on the Texas and New Orleans line in southwestern Robertson County. It was probably named for nearby Sutton Creek. A post office operated there from 1874 until 1911, when mail was received from Benchley. In 1884 Sutton had a population of fifty, several gin and grist mills, and a general store. After its population dropped to twenty-five by 1892, Sutton lost its only store. In 1900 it had a school with one teacher and twenty students. There were a few scattered dwellings in the vicinity in 1942, and in 1988 the site was still identified as Sutton on maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Sutton is part of or belongs to the following places:
Sutton is classified as a Town
- ['s Station]
Has Post Office