Swanson Hill Church
Swanson Hill Church, formerly known as Deanwright, is a rural church community on Farm Road 323 four miles southeast of Palestine in central Anderson County. In the 1930s, when the community was called Deanwright, the site had a number of dwellings, a church, and the Swanson Hill school. The school was probably named for H. C. Swanson, an early settler in the area, and served some eighty-eight White pupils in 1932. By 1955 the school had consolidated with that of Palestine, and in 1982 the community was known as Swanson Hill Church and consisted of the church and several scattered dwellings. The church was still standing in 1985. By 2000 no trace of the community was shown on county maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Swanson Hill Church is part of or belongs to the following places:
Swanson Hill Church is classified as a Town
Has Post Office