Syringa

Syringa was a farming community off State Highway 155 nine miles northeast of Gilmer in northeastern Upshur County. It was settled sometime before 1900, when it had a general store, a sawmill, and a number of scattered houses. A post office operated there from 1901 to 1906. By the mid-1930s the settlement was no longer shown on highway maps. No population estimates were available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Syringa is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Syringa is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Jay)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No