Byspot was eighteen miles southwest of Coldspring in southwestern San Jacinto County. The post office, established in 1899, was called Teddy. About 1903, however, J. O. H. Bennett changed the community's name to Byspot, a name derived from spelling his wife Topsy's name backwards and adding a B. Bennett also owned and operated a tram railroad at Byspot, an indication that the area was once the site of logging operations. The railroad, which extended to Conroe, was taken over by the Delta Land and Timber Company in 1926. The post office had been discontinued in 1921, and the tram road was abandoned in 1931. The community did not appear on 1985 county highway maps or on United States Geological Survey place name lists.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Teddy is part of or belongs to the following places:
Teddy is classified as a Town
- (Kelly Store)
Has Post Office