Tehuacana Grove

Tehuacana is on U.S. Highway 75 four miles south of Streetman in north central Freestone County. In 1893 the Tehuacana School had an enrollment of twenty-two, and by 1903, seventeen. The Tehuacana Grove Church was two miles to the northeast. In the 1930s the community had a couple of businesses and a number of dwellings, but by the 1960s only a few dwellings remained. The Tehuacana Grove Church was still standing in the late 1980s. No population figures were available for the community.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Tehuacana Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Tehuacana Grove is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Tehuacana]
  • (Tea Color)

Location

Latitude: 31.86655140
Longitude: -96.26580810

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No