Tennessee Valley was on the Leon River five miles northwest of Belton in northwestern Bell County. The community was founded in 1851 by a party of settlers who originated in the Tennessee valley and named the new settlement for their former home. The Tennessee Valley school had some seventy-two pupils in 1896. There was a commercial pecan orchard at Tennessee Valley in the 1920s, and in 1948 the community had two churches and two businesses. In the mid-1950s the site of the community was inundated by Lake Belton.
Tennessee Valley is part of or belongs to the following places:
Tennessee Valley is classified as a Town
Has Post Office