Terrell Wells

Terrell Wells, eight miles southwest of downtown San Antonio in central Bexar County, was named for the mineral wells on the land of prominent politician Frederick Terrell and became a post office and health resort in the 1920s. One business and a population of fifty were reported there in 1930, and in 1940 the population was 150. The wells were closed after World War II, and by the 1950s the community was no longer shown on maps. The name was preserved in the local junior high.

Continue Reading

Claudia Hazlewood | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Terrell Wells is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Terrell Wells is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (San Jose)

Location

Latitude: 29.33968040
Longitude: -98.51585050

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No