Timothy

Timothy, a farming community off Farm Road 1129 thirteen miles northeast of Corsicana in northeastern Navarro County, was established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it included four churches, two schools, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II its schools were consolidated into the Finch school district, and by the mid-1960s only two churches, a school building, and a cemetery remained. In the early 1990s Timothy was a dispersed rural community. No population estimates are available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Timothy is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Timothy is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.28403500
Longitude: -96.36942590

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No