Todville

Todville, also known as Tod, on the western shore of Galveston Bay in southeastern Harris County, was founded by John Grant Tod, Jr., in 1900 as a subdivision near the town of Seabrook. The town was originally named Morrisstown in honor of Ritson Morriss, the original grantee of the land, but soon became popularly known as Todville, which became the official name. State highway maps in 1936 showed a cemetery between Seabrook and Red Bluff at the former townsite, which by the 1980s had become part of suburban Seabrook.

Continue Reading

Rosa Tod Hamner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Todville is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Todville is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Morrisstown)

Location

Latitude: 29.56661820
Longitude: -95.01353900

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No