Topsey is on Farm Road 580 eight miles northwest of Copperas Cove in southwestern Coryell County. It was established about 1900 and was named by a local man for his mule. A post office opened there in 1901 with Henry F. Moore as postmaster. In 1914 Topsey had a cotton gin, two general stores, and forty residents. The post office was discontinued in 1918, and mail for the community was sent to Copperas Cove. Topsey had 100 residents in the 1930s, but that number fell to sixty by the late 1940s. A community center and two churches marked the town on county highway maps in the 1980s. The population was reported as twenty in the 1980s through 2000.
Topsey is part of or belongs to the following places:
Topsey is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009