Trinity City

Trinity City was to be developed on McCommas Bluff, a half-mile above Five Mile Creek on the north bank of the Trinity River in the original land grant of Amos McCommas in what became southeastern Dallas County. The community was promoted by the Peters colony but was never substantially developed. It was envisioned as the northernmost of twenty-nine port towns that were to be laid out every twenty miles on the banks of the Trinity River, in the hope that the river could be made navigable from the Gulf of Mexico to the most northern port town. Though indicated on the Peters colony map of 1852 as a sizable town, it was probably never more than a small frontier community.

Continue Reading

Lisa C. Maxwell | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Trinity City is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Trinity City is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No