Tripp

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Dallas County

Tripp (Trip) was a farming community on Long Creek thirteen miles east of Dallas in eastern Dallas County. It was at the intersection of Tripp and Collins roads within the present city limits of Sunnyvale. Lake Ray Hubbard is to the east. Tripp was established around 1900, when W. S. Ragsdale built a cotton gin and S. K. Lewis built a general store in the area. Tripp had a post office from 1899 until 1901. The community had twenty residents in 1910 and seventy-five in 1920. By 1950 its population had dropped to forty, and it remained at that level until 1964, after which no further population figures were available for Tripp. Shortly thereafter, Tripp was annexed by Sunnyvale. In 1982 several historic structures dating back to 1900 still stood in the community, including several farmhouses, a church, a store, and a school.

Continue Reading

Matthew Hayes Nall | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Tripp is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Tripp is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Trip]
  • (Sunnyvale)

Location

Latitude: 32.79484980
Longitude: -96.56054640

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No