Turcotte

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Kenedy County

Turcotte, on U.S. Highway 77 and the Missouri Pacific line, sixteen miles south of Sarita in southwestern Kenedy County, was named for Marie Stella Turcotte Kenedy, wife of John G. Kenedy, Sr., and mother of Sarita Kenedy East. In 1904 the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico built to the site, and by 1948 the community consisted of a railroad station and an intermediate-level airfield. Turcotte was the site of a radio tower in 1979 and in the early 1990s remained a shipping point.

Continue Reading

Alicia A. Garza | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Turcotte is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Turcotte is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 27.00727470
Longitude: -97.79527320

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No