Twichell, on State Highway 15 in northern Ochiltree County, was founded as a stop on the Panhandle and Santa Fe Railway in 1919. It was named after Ginery Twichell, president of the railroad. In 1940 Twichell had a store, a school, and twenty-five residents. By 1960 it had a store, a grain elevator, and fifty residents. Only the elevator and railroad depot remained in 1980, when Twichell listed twenty-two residents. Mail was received from Perryton, five miles to the southwest, and students were bused to school there. The Perryton-Ochiltree County Airport was nearby. In 1990 twenty-two residents were still reported.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Twichell is part of or belongs to the following places:
Twichell is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Twichell by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."