Uhland, on Farm Road 21 eleven miles northeast of San Marcos on the Hays-Caldwell county line, developed in the 1890s on the site of the former Live Oak community. Uhland had a post office from 1892 to 1902, and the community's businessmen served the ranchers and cotton farmers around Plum Creek for more than half a century. By 1910 the community had a cotton gin and two stores, and in 1950 the census listed seven businesses and 140 residents. In 1970 Uhland recorded no businesses and a population of ninety. In 1990 the population was 368. The population was 386 in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Uhland is part of or belongs to the following places:
Uhland is classified as a Town
- (Live Oak)
Has Post Office
Uhland by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."
|1,588||2020||United States Census Bureau|
|1,364||2019||Texas Demographic Center|
|1,014||2010||United States Census Bureau|
|386||2000||United States Census Bureau|
|368||1990||United States Census Bureau|