Union Chapel

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Freestone County

Union Chapel is a community two miles west of Farm Road 488 and five miles north of Fairfield in central Freestone County. The Union Chapel School had seventy-one black pupils enrolled in 1893 and fifty-one in 1903. The community also had a church. In the 1930s it consisted of the school and a few scattered dwellings. By the 1960s only the church remained; it was still standing in the late 1980s.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Union Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Union Chapel is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.79183290
Longitude: -96.16247080

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No