Union Hill

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Bosque County

Union Hill, on a hill 4½ miles north of Morgan in Bosque County, was a community centered around the Union Hill School. The first schoolhouse was a two-room cabin built in 1888. It was replaced in 1914 by a larger two-story school across the road on land given by J. C. Frazier. Two stores and a Baptist church were nearby. In 1936 the school, a business, a church, and a few scattered dwellings marked the site. When the Union Hill School was consolidated with that of Kopperl in 1939, Kopperl, a town four miles southeast of Union Hill, became the center of community activities. The Union Hill Baptist Church building was sold and moved away, and the local stores were closed. In 1981 a Texas Historical Commission marker was placed at the site of the school; at that time ex-students still held regular reunions.

Continue Reading

Elizabeth Torrence | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Union Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Union Hill is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.07397000
Longitude: -97.56427700

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No