County Line is on Farm Road 275 some seven miles north of Emory in northern Rains County. The site was first settled about 1840 by William Garrett. Supplies for early settlers were freighted from Jefferson. The first cotton gin there was built by Sam Matthis and Bill Stamps. After the Civil War the school that served the community was called Union Valley. During the 1930s the settlement had a church, school, and post office. Its school and post office closed after World War II, and in the early 1990s only the church and a few scattered houses remained. In 1991 County Line reported a population of forty. The population remained the same in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Union Valley is part of or belongs to the following places:
Union Valley is classified as a Town
- (County Line)
Has Post Office