Upshaw

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Nacogdoches County

Upshaw, a rural community on Farm Road 343 eighteen miles northwest of Nacogdoches in northwestern Nacogdoches County, was settled before 1900. The community was founded as a freedmen's settlement, and was called County Line in the early years. By the mid-1930s the community was called Upshaw and had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the early 1990s two churches, a school, and a cemetery remained. No population estimates are available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Upshaw is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Upshaw is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (County Line)

Location

Latitude: 31.72184300
Longitude: -94.93743790

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

400