Valera, at the junction of U.S. Highway 67 and Farm Road 503, in west central Coleman County, was developed on the George P. Cleveland ranch and named by Santa Fe Railroad officials in 1886. Its railroad location secured a modest prosperity. In 1946 Valera had a school, churches, seventeen businesses, and 500 people. Subsequently the community declined. In 1980 through 2000 Valera had a population of eighty and a post office.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Valera is part of or belongs to the following places:
Valera is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Valera by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."
|94||2020||United States Census Bureau|