View, five miles northeast of New Braunfels in northeastern Comal County, was called Austin Hill when it was settled during the 1850s. The post office, established in 1892 and named View, was discontinued in 1904. The only community center in 1947 was the Watson School, named for J. D. Watson, who conveyed an acre of land for school purposes in 1888. This school has since been consolidated with others in the area to form the Goodwin School.

Continue Reading

Oscar Haas | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

View is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists


Place type

View is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Austin Hill)


Latitude: 29.76325500
Longitude: -98.03087500

Has Post Office


Is Incorporated