Villa Nueva South

Villa Nueva (South) is a colonia located off U.S. Highway 281 and Farm Road 3248 two miles west of Brownsville in extreme southern Cameron County. In the late 1930s a cemetery and several scattered dwellings made up the community. By 1956 a church had been established. The number of houses had increased to around sixty-three by 1983 and in 1986 there were eighty-three dwellings and an estimated population of 374 in the colonia. In 2000 the population was 402. Villa Nueva was serviced by the Military Highway Water Supply Corporation.

Continue Reading

Alicia A. Garza | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Villa Nueva South is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Villa Nueva South is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Santa Rita)

Location

Latitude: 25.94924630
Longitude: -97.55137530

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No