Vista

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Hamilton County

Vista, in southwestern Hamilton County, was named for Mollie Vista Mason, wife of W. T. Mason, who had a store and gin in the settlement in 1882. A post office existed from 1904 to 1909. The town had one store, a church, and a population of thirty in 1940. In the late 1980s the community was on current maps, but no population figures were available.

Continue Reading

Claudia Hazlewood | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Vista is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Vista is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Bristow)
  • (Mount)

Location

Latitude: 31.52488150
Longitude: -98.21225730

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No