Wall, on U.S. Highway 87 ten miles southeast of San Angelo in southeastern Tom Green County, was originally called Lipan School, then Little School, then Murray's Store. The area was a school district covering 326 square miles, which was reduced to 237 square miles in 1889. The first settlers were J. C. and Lou Bell Bunnell in 1886. The town was named for J. M. Wall, a storekeeper who served as first postmaster; the post office opened in 1906. Wall served as the trading center for the fertile Lipan Flat region, where cotton and grain are grown. The town supports several businesses and a school. The population was 250 in 1920, 120 in 1930 and 1947, and 200 in 1980 through 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Wall is part of or belongs to the following places:
Wall is classified as a Town
- (Lipan 2)
- (Little School)
- (Murray's Store)
Has Post Office
Wall by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."