Ware was thirteen miles northwest of Dalhart in southern Dallam County. It began as a station on the Fort Worth and Denver Railway and was marked out in 1906–07 by the enterprising colonizer William P. Soash. Soash erected a frame hotel, which became Ware's most conspicuous feature. Although he never used Ware as a headquarters, Soash promoted the community in his advertising campaigns to attract prospective settlers. In 1947 Ware had a population of twenty, served by a school and store. Since that time the community has disappeared, though signs on U.S. Highway 87 still point out the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ware is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ware is classified as a Town
Has Post Office