Warfield

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Midland County

Warfield is on U.S. Highway 80, Farm Road 662, and the Missouri Pacific Railroad, just south of Midland Regional Airport five miles southwest of Midland in northwest Midland County. It was established as a flag stop on the Texas and Pacific Railway after the line was built in the early 1880s. The first post office was granted to Harry A. Rathvon on January 11, 1884, when Midland County was still a part of Tom Green County. By 1912 a rural school had been built. The post office was discontinued or reestablished seven times within thirty years before mail service was permanently routed through Midland in 1915. In 1940 Warfield had a store, a school, and a population of twenty. The site was still listed as a railroad switch on 1980 county maps.

Continue Reading

Charles G. Davis | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Warfield is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Warfield is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Carson)
  • (Warden)

Location

Latitude: 31.92095800
Longitude: -102.21875140

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No