Watt

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Limestone County

Watt is on U.S. Highway 84 twenty-two miles west of Mexia in northwestern Limestone County. A post office opened there in 1898 with Walter Lee Taylor as postmaster; it was discontinued in 1906, and mail for the community was sent to Mount Calm in Hill County. The population of Watt was listed as fifteen in the early 1930s, but it rose to sixty by the 1940s. A church, a school, three businesses, and several scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s. The Watt school was consolidated with the Axtell Rural High School District of McLennan County in 1953. Only one business appeared on maps of the area in the 1980s.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Watt is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Watt is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.64377710
Longitude: -96.85888140

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

25