Rosalie, on Farm Road 909 in southwestern Red River County, was originally known as Wayland. By 1880 the town had a population of 200, several stores, two churches, a school, a flour mill, and a gin. The population apparently peaked about 1900 and declined as changes in transportation routes shifted trade to nearby towns. The community's once-famous springs, for centuries an oasis for travelers, were by the 1970s on private property. By the 1980s a cemetery, a church, a one-room community center, and several highway markers were all that remained of Rosalie. In 2000 the population was 100.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Wayland is part of or belongs to the following places:
Wayland is classified as a Town
Has Post Office