Wheeler Springs, off Farm Road 229 twelve miles northwest of Crockett in western Houston County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the small community had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was closed, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Wheeler Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:
Wheeler Springs is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009