White Oak, Gregg County, Texas
White Oak, at the junction of U.S. Highway 80 and Farm Road 3272, just west of Longview in north central Gregg County, grew up around a school established in 1887. During the oil boom of the 1930s the community grew rapidly, and by the early 1940s it was a independent school district and part of the Kilgore Junior College district. After World War II the population continued to increase, and in 1960 the community incorporated. In 1962 the reported population was 1,250. In 1990 White Oak was a suburban extension of Longview with a population of 5,136 and seventy-five businesses. The population was 5,624 in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
White Oak is part of or belongs to the following places:
White Oak is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
White Oak by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."
|6,225||2020||United States Census Bureau|
|6,469||2019||Texas Demographic Center|
|6,489||2010||United States Census Bureau|
|5,624||2000||United States Census Bureau|
|5,136||1990||United States Census Bureau|
|4,415||1980||United States Census Bureau|
|2,300||1970||United States Census Bureau|
|1,250||1960||United States Census Bureau|