Whitesville

Whitesville was a rural community eight miles northeast of Lovelady in southern Houston County. It was established in the mid-1890s, and a post office operated there from 1902 to 1906. At its height around 1900 the small settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s it no longer appeared on highway maps. No population estimates were available.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Whitesville is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Whitesville is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Broxson)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No