Wildcat

Wildcat was fourteen miles southwest of Athens in southwestern Henderson County. A post office opened in 1885, and by 1896 the settlement had a general store, a church, and a number of houses. The community began to decline after 1900; the post office closed in 1905, and by the mid-1930s Wildcat no longer appeared on maps. In early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Wildcat is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Wildcat is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Cross Roads)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No