Williams Community is a dispersed rural community in northwest Hardeman County east of Ranch Road 680, six miles north of Goodlett, and about four miles south of the Prairie Dog Fork of the Red River, which forms the Oklahoma-Texas state line. Williams High Rural School District was formed in 1927, combining the rural school districts of Hooleyan, Robertson, Elba, Johnson, and Red River. In 1936 state maps showed a school, one business, one residence, and scattered farm dwellings at the site. In 1936 the school had ten teachers, 262 elementary students, and fifty-nine high school students. Records indicate that there were two African-American children of school age, but no school was provided for them. A 1988 map showed only Johnson Cemetery in the area.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Williams is part of or belongs to the following places:
Williams is classified as a Town
Has Post Office