Wilson Chapel

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Freestone County

Wilson Chapel (Wilson's Chapel) is a church and school community in the southwest corner of Freestone County on Lynn Creek, four miles southwest of Donie. A church was organized by 1887, and the school had an enrollment of thirty-eight in 1899. The school was later moved to Donie. In the 1930s and through the 1960s the community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of scattered dwellings. By the late 1980s the church and cemetery still remained at the site, but no population figures were available.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Wilson Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Wilson Chapel is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-'s Chapel]

Location

Latitude: 31.43128650
Longitude: -96.22830190

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No