Wood Hi, on Farm Road 1686 between Telferner and DaCosta in eastern Victoria County, is named for William A. Wood, upon whose ranch the community developed. Wood, the brother of Tobias D. Wood, a well-known rancher in Victoria and Refugio counties, was married to Nellie Borland Wood-Kreisle, a prominent Victoria clubwoman and civic leader. In 1918 an eight-grade rural common school was built upon land William Wood had donated. A new structure was erected in 1951. By 1963 Wood Hi had a cooperative gin, a grocery store, the school, and a dozen farm homes. The community serves an area rich in oil and gas, livestock, corn, cotton, and grains. In 1985 through 2000 its population was thirty-five. William Wood Elementary School is now part of Victoria Independent School District.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Wood Hi is part of or belongs to the following places:
Wood Hi is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Wood Hi by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."