Zack

Zack, twelve miles northeast of Bryan in Brazos County, was started on March 29, 1904, when Zachariah R. Guess opened a Zack post office in his general store. In 1906 Guess sold his store to Cyrus Koontz, who owned the land on which the store stood. Koontz operated the store until 1932, when it was closed and boarded up. A few years later the building was dismantled. The population of the community was estimated at twenty-five from 1925 through 1950. Maps of 1948 indicate a school and widely dispersed rural dwellings on the site. The community did not appear on 1988 highway maps.

Continue Reading

Richard Brown | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Zack is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Zack is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.86277400
Longitude: -96.28184000

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No