Advance is a dispersed rural community near Farm Road 1885 sixteen miles northwest of Weatherford in northwest Parker County. In 1890 B. B. Barton, of Denton County, moved to Adell in Parker County. Four years later he opened a general store four miles northwest of Adell and encouraged Adell residents to move to his new community, which he named Advance. Postal service began in 1894. A cotton gin was erected, and by the late 1890s the new community had twenty residents. Postal service was discontinued in 1906.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Advance is part of or belongs to the following places:
Advance is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Advance by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."